Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 9 9/27/13

Day 9

Still going strong on my juice fast! I know I haven't posted in a few days but everything is going great. Just really busy with the kids and work. Last night was a little rough. I worked late so the kids asked me to grab pizza on the way home. Have I mentioned I love pizza! I worked at a pizza place for many years, and if I didn't have my current business I would have a pizza restaurant.  The smell in the car was so strong from the pizza that it was driving me crazy. 
My juice has been really good the last couple days. I added a bit of watermelon or grapes to the greens. The basic recipe I'm using is:

     1 whole cucumber 
     1 bundle of romaine lettuce
     2-3 pieces of Kale
     1-2 whole carrots
     1/2 lemon
     1/2-1 inch of ginger root
     1 apple

This makes around 40oz of juice. I play around with it a bit and have used Swiss chard or spinach in place of the Kale. Sometimes I skip the lemon because I really don't like it. And like I said I've added about 5oz of watermelon or grapes and that really helps the flavor. 

So I guess I should tell how I'm doing. I was a little reluctant to post my weight loss. In part because it's not all about weight loss but getting healthy. Also I suppose I was nervous if I could do it or not.
I started juicing on Sept 9th and started my fast on Sept 19th.  So in the 10 days of juicing and still eating I last around 7 lb. I actually forgot to weigh myself on the 19th. Since I started  the fast I've lost another 11.8 lbs. So I've lost 18.8lbs so far. I feel a huge difference already although it's tough to tell if I could see a difference. Most important is I feel great! 
I did take some photos on day 3 or 4 that I will post later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment