Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Plan

     So....as I said in previous entries. I know that I need to make a change. Not a diet, but a life style change. There have been a couple life changing events in my life the last couple years. I got divorced after 17 years of marriage, and raising 4 daughters on my own. Now I need to make a change for my health!

I think Fat Sick and Nearly Dead was just the motivation I needed to get started. So obviously Green Juicing is going to be my first step. The day after I finished watching FSAND I ordered a juicer from Amazon. I'm going to experiment with juicing for a couple weeks and find combinations that I like. Starting on Sept 19, 2013 I'm going to start a Green Juice fast for 30 days (I would like to go 60 days). 

The big change will be after the juice fast.  I don't know if I will go full vegan, but the plan is to change to a plant based diet.  Of couse this will mean no fast food at all. I'm going to remove fast food as an option! To prepare for this I have visited my favorite places Del Taco, Jack in the Box, and of course In N Out. To be honest I didn't really enjoy them. I felt stuffed, tired and lethargic afterwards. Of course cutting out soda is a no brainier. That won't be a problem, I really already did that a while ago. I mainly drink water and green ice tea.  Those meat lovers pizza's are a goner. So is the Mac & Cheese, and Tater tots, cheese it crackers, Doritos, mint moose tracks ice cream....and many more. 

Is it going to be easy...nope! But I'm looking forward to it, and I won't have to do it alone. Aside from this blog and a couple website forums, my friend Kim makes amazing Vegan meals. (also amazing cupcakes and deserts, on second thought stay away from Kim lol) Kailey, Kim's daughter who is also a vegan and super supportive.  My cousin Amanda and her wealth of knowledge. My sister Felicia who switched to a almost complete plant based diet after our trip to Texas. 

Next up my adventure into a foreign land to me. The produce section of the grocery store and the farmers market. And my first green juice....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment