Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 40

Day 40    October 28, 2013

Plane ticket booked for the New Year New You Healthfest Event! Texas here I come!!!

I also passed a pretty big barrier yesterday. I have now lost 40lbs! Although I didn't have a specific weight loss goal when I started, it's extremely motivating. It's also been motivating to hear all words of encouragement I've been getting from friends. I would like to give a big shout out to Cori, Lisa, Frank, Sonja, Brian , Kim, Kailey, Sonia, and of course Amanda! You all have been so amazing. 

As far as the juicing, it's going great. The last few days I have added Beets to my juice and they are yummy. If you decide to try beets, they can be very messy and they will stain. And you have to mix them with other veggies or fruit. Drinking beet juice by itself can cause paralysis of the vocal cords. I read that in the internet so it must be true. Lol

I've had a few people ask if this has been hard and how can I do it. Well it was hard for the first week or so but now not so much. And I guess my desire to get healthy and loose weight is stronger then my desire to eat food right now. 

Until next time :) 


5 comments:

  1. Great Job Jeff. I love your blog journey. Not only are we all extremely proud of you, but we are also very inspired by you too. Keep up the great work, you are looking amazing and so healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff Love your blog, great job,,,from Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a mention of your blog on Myfitnespal. I had to read it. I want to change my lifestyle and of course lose some weight. Most of all get healthy. Can you tell me ..is juicing expensive? I would love to do this for a month or two to kick off healthy eating and wean me off the "bad" foods. I'm guessing I need to do some research! Your blog is great. Love reading it and following your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jeri, yes it can be expensive. In my case I think I saved money because I ate out so much. I try and buy most of my fruits and Veggies at the farmers market or Costco. This spring I plan on doing a vegetable garden as well.

    ReplyDelete